This tutorial aims to offer a step by step explanation of how to create a Milestone contract and submit work as a contractor. Both a client and a contractor can initiate contract creation.
From your dashboard, click on Create new contract, select Milestone contract and name it.
In the next window you will be asked to fill in the following information:
- Project scope description. This will be used in the contract so add as many details as possible.
- Milestones and respective payments tied to each of them. You can add as many milestones as needed by clicking on the "Add another milestone" button.
- Contract ending date: choose the date of termination or leave it as is. If you don't select a termination date the contract will be active until it's manually terminated.
- Choose between using a Deel contract template or attach your own. If you are attaching your own, make sure the contract has been signed by both parties beforehand.
- Add a termination date, change days of notice before the contract is terminated (10 days by default), add a special clause and attach any additional documents.
- Use Deel contract or upload your own signed copy of the contract. Select the contractor's country from the dropdown. If you are unsure, choose "Use the information from the contractor's profile".
- You can preview and download the contract PDF before signing. If there is anything that needs to be changed, go in and change it.
Deel Contract activation:
The contract will be activated when both parties have signed the contract.
You can invite your contractor or client to sign the contract by adding their email address. You can include a note to the invitation. Alternatively, you can copy the Deel contract link and share it with them directly.
In case you made a mistake typing contractor's email, you can remove the invitation by clicking on the bin icon and repeat the invite.
How can I pay/ get paid for a milestone?
After a milestone has been accomplished, the client can pay for it.
How to add or remove milestones?
You can remove or add new milestones from the contract page.
If you have any questions or need help setting up a contract, let us know in the website chat!