Fixed contracts, also called ongoing contracts, are a good choice when a contractor is paid a fixed amount per time frame (payment cycle). The creation flow is simple and can be initiated by both a client and a contractor.
To create a fixed contract:
- Go to your dashboard and click on “Create new contract”, then select Fixed
- Fill in the information and scope of work. This will be used in contract generation, so we suggest to add as many details as possible.
- Choose how the contractor will be paid (every week, every other week, twice per month, every month) and add the amount
- Choose the payment cycle or how often the contractor will be paid (every week, every two weeks, every month or twice per month)
- Every week - select a day when the payment is due weekly
- Every two weeks - select a day when the payment is due every other week
- Every month - select the last day of the month or any other specific date as payment due date
- Twice per month - select the 15th and the last day of the month or two specific dates as payment due dates
- You can select the first payment to be different from future payments (prorata). If that is the case, select how much the first payment will be.
Add a termination date, change days of notice before the contract is terminated (10 days by default), add a special clause and attach any additional documents.
Use Deel Contract or upload your own signed copy of the contract. Select the contractor's country from the dropdown. If you're unsure, select "Use the information from the contractor's profile" and it will be automatically added.
Review all the details and change if necessary. You can download the PDF version of the contract and review it before signing.
The contract will be activated when both parties have signed it.
You can invite your contractor or client to sign the contract by adding their email address. You can include a note to the invitation. Alternatively, you can copy the Deel contract link and share it with them directly.
If you have any questions or need assistance with contracts, feel free to reach out to us via the website chat.