Organizations often manage their user identities in a central location, so that they can access various services using the same user base, a process known as single-sign-On (SSO). Okta is one of the common SSO platforms organizations use today, and this tutorial will show you how to configure your Okta to sign in to your Deel account.
To sign in to Deel using your company's Okta, you must have:
- An existing Okta account
- An admin-level role on the Deel account
- A Deel Custom Domain
Step 1: Add Deel as an application on your Okta account
1. Add Deel to your Okta account by clicking the Applications page, and then click 'Add Applications'.
2. Type in 'Deel' on the search bar and select. Click the 'Add' button, then click 'Done' to successfully add Deel as an application on your Okta account.
3. Click the 'Sign On' tab, and locate the 'Client ID', 'Client Secret' and your Okta Domain.
4. To find your Okta domain, go to the upper-right corner of the dashboard, next to your username.
Your Okta domain looks something like this:
Step 2: Configure Okta SSO on your Deel Custom Domain
1. To use Okta, you will need to have a 'Deel Custom Domain' and get that set up first. Here is an article on more information about Custom Domains on Deel.
2. Open a new window and get ready to set up SSO in your Deel account. Sign in to your Deel Client account, select a team that has a custom domain setup, click Team settings, then click the Customize.
3. Click the Edit icon on your custom domain:
then toggle on Okta Single Sign-On:
4. From your Okta account, copy your Okta Domain, Client ID & Client Secret code and paste the information on the individual fields on the custom domain Deel page.
5. Once Okta Domain, Client ID & Client Secret code are filled, click 'Confirm Changes & Redeploy'.
Can I click on Deel application icon on Okta to login?
We currently don't support IdP-Initiated authentication flow. Please use SP-Initiated authentication flow instead.