In Turkey, the probation period will depend on the length of the contract:
- 0 to 6 days - 14 days of probation period
- 6 to 18 months - 28 days of probation period
- 18 to 36 months - 42 days of probation period
- Over 36 months - 56 days of probation period
Minimum Wage Requirements
The gross monthly minimum wage is 3,577.50 TL.
Maximum working hours and overtime
The standard working hours for a 6 day working week, are 45 hours. With overtime, the employee cannot exceed 11 hours per day.
The maximum overtime working hours per year are 270 hours.
Extension of parental leave is not possible.
- Maternity Leave: employees are entitled to 16 weeks of maternity leave that will be granted: 8 weeks before the birth of child and 8 weeks after.
- Paternity leave: private sector employees are entitled to 5 days of leave.
For the first 2 days of sick leave, there is not payment. From the third day, the employee needs to provide a medical certificate to the Turkish Social Security Administration, and will receive a payment determined on the basis of average salary of the last year.