Hire employees in Albania No entity needed.
Usually, to hire in Albania, your business needs an entity. That means a local office, an address registered as a subsidiary, and an account with a local bank. All of this, plus navigating regional benefits, payroll, tax, and HR laws, can take months.
Albania also treats contractors differently than full-time employees, so misclassifying a contractor could lead to fines. Deel lets you hire employees in Albania quickly, easily, and compliantly. We even automate tax document collection, payroll, benefits, and more.
All the necessary benefits for Albania built right in
Deel allows you to provide localized benefits for employees in Albania within minutes. All in one manageable online dashboard.
- Public Health Insurance
Currency: Albanian lek (ALL)
Official language: Albanian
Payroll Cycle: Monthly
Paid Time Off
In Albania, employees are entitled to 4 weeks of paid time off. This leave does not include public holidays. If leaves are not taken in the current year, employees will have the opportunity to take them until the 31st of March of the next year.
There are 14 national holidays. If the holiday is not on a working day, it will be scheduled to the next working day.
- New Year Day
- New Year Day (2nd day)
- Summer Day
- Novruz Day
- Catholic Easter
- International Workers Day
- Orthodox Easter
- Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan)
- Eid al-Adha (Feast of Sacrifice)
- Saint Teresa Sanctification Day
- Flag and Independence Day
- Liberation Day
- National Youth Day
- Christmas Day
The employer cost is 17% of employee's salary.
Individual Income Tax
The income tax of the employee will depend on the monthly income:
- Up to 30,000 ALL - 0%
- Up to 150,000 ALL - 13%
- Over 150,001 ALL - 23%
Employment Contract Details
In Albania, is best practice to have employee agreements in writing. This document can be bilingual and should mention specific information for the conditions of the employment such as compensation, benefits, notice period, termination requirements among others.
The maximum probation period in Albania is 3 months.
Minimum Wage Requirements
The minimum monthly wage in Albania is 30,000 ALL. Salary increases are usually every 2 years and by a decree of the government.
Maximum working hours and overtime
Standard working hours are 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week. Employees cannot work on Sundays.
- Maternity leave: employees are entitled to a total of 95 days of leave. The first 35 days must be taken prior to the childbirth, and the remaining 63 days after the child is born. For a multiple pregnancy, the employee is entitled to 155 days of leave.
- Maternity income will be: 80 % of the daily average of the estimated base of the last calendar year for the prenatal period and for 150 calendar days after birth and 50% of the daily average of the estimated base of the last calendar year for the following period
- Breastfeeding: when the maternity leave is finished and the employee returns to work, until the child becomes 1 year old she can take a paid break up to 2 hours in the standard working hours, or have the daily working hours reduced to 6 hours.
The salary during the maternity leave and all additional contributions are paid by the Social Security Institution.
- Paternity leave: employees can take leave after the child is 63 days, if the mother does not take maternity leave from the health insurance. As there is no statutory paternity leave, it is best practice to grant 10 days of paternity leave, at discretion of the employer.
Due to illness, employees are entitled to receive 80% of their salary from the employer until the 14th day. From the 15th day, the employee will be covered by the Social Security Institution and will receive an income of: 70% of the daily average of the estimated base of last calendar year, when the insured has up to 10 years of insurance, and 80% when the employee has over 10 years of insurance.
Termination requirements for employees in
Employee agreements can be terminated by mutual agreement or unilaterally. When one of the parties terminates the contract without respecting the notice period, the termination is treated as termination of the contract with immediate effect.
During the probationary period, employee agreements can be terminated unilaterally by any party with a written notice of at least 5 days in advance.
After a probationary period, the notice period will vary according to the length of the employment:
- Up to 6 months - a notice period of 2 weeks must comply.
- Between 6 months and 2 years - a notice period of 1 month must comply.
- Between 2 years and 5 years - a notice period of 2 months must comply.
- For more than 5 years - a notice period of 3 months must comply.
We have a 4.7 out of 5 rating on Trustpilot
We're trusted by over 1,400 businesses all over the world. Read our reviews on Trustpilot.com.
Deel is the best!!
“Deel is an amazing platform! It's super intuitive and user friendly, plus it runs suuuuper smoothly!! It has great options for paying and withdrawing money, plus it helps you keep super organized with your spending. They also have great support and are super friendly with all the questions you might have :D I would definitely recommend it!!”
A contracting life-changer!
"This has by far the singular tool that made my contracting work amazing. It used to be that contract management and payouts was a nightmare — Deel makes everything so easy especially with its Transferwise integration. Everyone gets paid on time and kept happy. I also contacted their support a couple of times for some small questions and they’ve been nothing short of amazing. If you’re a contractor or someone who hires contractors then definitely give Deel a go."
Great service offering!!
"The Deel platform has been super effective for my team and I and has enabled us to bring on workers globally. The platform allows us to onboard individuals seamlessly and with no issues at all. Highly recommend."
"Great service, amazing customer care, terrific platform, both for the company and for the contractors/employees. Saving everyone's time and money"
Deel is a game-changer for distributed teams
"Deel has been instrumental in helping us both open and operate our EU operations. It's super simple to set up and implement and the support team has been world-class. I can't recommend them enough!"
Great app with great customer service
"Great app with great customer service, with great attention to details and legal requirements. Looking forward to keep using it!"