Earlier this year, we built and released a solid product that helps freelancers get paid faster and safer. We had good traction, and freelancers were happy to see that there is a service that can help them do what they do best.
In March, after diving deeper into the market and looking at the current trends, we learned some key insights. Although our initial hypothesis was that freelancers had trouble getting paid for their work, we realized the process of getting paid off marketplaces was not simple. The system currently in place makes it harder for companies to work with contractors, especially at scale.
With a strong vision in mind, we wanted to empower companies to onboard and pay all their contractors in a single click. With that in place, we believe the remote workers economy can be further enabled.
Why we upgraded the service we are offering
There are two main reasons why we decided to tweak the service we are offering.
First and foremost, we wanted to enable more hiring and paying people remotely, regardless of their location. The main problem we saw is the time and effort it takes for a company to make working with global talents possible. It often involves robust documentation, many tracking tools, and often manual payout process. For a company, regardless of the size, this can be a lot of work, and they would rather have someone local to do the job.
Second, we realized the process of paying out someone outside of your country is not optimized and often costly. You probably need to have multiple payment options available, and the compliance is not always as straightforward.
How companies benefit from using Deel
We know the struggles of a company keeping their business in order. We also recognize the need to save time and automate as much as you can so you can focus on running a successful business. Deel helps you with the whole process and ultimately reduces the efforts your company needs to put in managing payouts for international contractors in over 200 different countries.
- Onboarding your contractors to Deel is easy and tailored to contractor’s type of work.
- At the agreed time, you will get one invoice with the amount accumulated from all your contractors.
- Deel takes care of the payment distribution and enables the contractor to select a payment method.
- The fee you are paying is fixed, regardless of the contractors’ location.
How contractors benefit from using Deel
Even though the global marketplace is on the rise, it’s not always easy to get paid for the work you do. You need to do a lot of research in order to ensure your client can process the payment. Then you probably need to have multiple payment accounts which results in your money being scattered all over. Our product was first designed for you, and that will always be the case — we want to make your end experience better.
- Having a contract on Deel removes the need to create different invoices for all your clients
- Once the money comes into your balance, you can choose from a variety of payment methods and minimize the transfer costs
- You will have the work scope outlined and can track the progress on your dashboard
- You will always be paid at the agreed time of the month
- Deel platform ensures full transparency of your payment, so you don’t need to contact your employer
The future of work is here, and we are here to support it
We know what it’s like to work with remote talent. Deel’s team consists of people from all over the world, working as independent contractors. We have experienced the hassle of getting paid on our own skin. It’s time to change that. It’s time for the companies to have a tool that will genuinely reimagine payouts for global talent.